"It is a great match, we like the fact that Muddy Mates encourages a healthy lifestyle and makes it possible to have fun and get active!", Jasper Hunting from Spieren voor Spieren:
Muddy Mates is one of the muddiest but most approachable 5k mud obstacle runs in The Netherlands. It’s an event for all ages and sexes with even a separate family-friendly 500m Mini Muddy Course for the ages 4-11 (accompanied by a parent). The mud run event, which has the look and feel of a day out at a festival, also includes live music, entertainment and a great food offering. There are many activities for those who don't want to get dirty but still want to join in the fun. It is designed in response to the growing obesity issue amongst adults and kids.
"You do not have to be a seasoned athlete to join in, all you need is a mate and a sense of humor, adventure and to be ready for the muddiest experience of a lifetime. It’s a great opportunity to get fit while having fun.”
Jeff Povlo, Organizer
Muddy Mates places an importance on making community contribution. While being a fun day out, Muddy Mates wants to give back where possible. Spieren voor Spieren (muscles for muscles) was a primary fundraising partner for runners. Orange Babies was another fundraising partner and we also set up a shoe donation program for people to leave their muddy shoes behind.
- Muddy Mates is a mud run adventure challenge for adults and kids designed to get people active
- 5km adult run features 16 obstacles
- 500m Mini Muddy kids run invites parents and kids to participate
- Fully integrated digital content and sharing platform
- Post-event research suggested the event was a resounding success and correcly positioned
- 64% of people had never run an obstacle run of any kind
- 84% would return and bring friends
- 2000+ initial participants and growing